Friday, May 3, 2013

This week in riding

Was pretty lazy this week and drank a lot of beer. Monday I tried to go on a mountain bike ride but we were turned back by wind and rain. Ended up at the Kettlehouse for a beer instead. I made up for it though at the Missoula Bicycle Works evening road ride. It was Jesse's first ride on his Kona red zone and we broke it in by cranking up a few hills in the rattlesnake so at least I got a bit of a workout.

Tuesday it was cold, windy, and snowed so I took the day off.

Wednesday I was pretty busy. Built Lego with my cousin's son, got a hair cut, and got in a short road ride. My plan was to do either two repeats up pattee canyon or 4-5 trips up the steep neighborhood across from my house but I didn't have time to do quite that much because I had to be at my friend Rachel's house by 5 to go on a mountain ride. We did a short loop up sawmill gulch and the fenceline trail, which still worked out to like 17 miles since we started in town. Then we went to the Kettlehouse again and got tacos afterward.



Even after that I was feeling a little lazy going into the Thursday Night Mountain ride at blue mountain. Thankfully we ended up doing a ton of climbing. The last part of this section up to hayes point is ridiculously steep and I was very glad for the triple crank and 26" wheels. I was not happy about how much the mountain bike weighs that I have been borrowing from dad. Descent from the top had a cool rocky and steep technical section and then we hit the motorcycle trail which had smooth banked turns. Then we went to The Bridge for dinner where I had a few beers. Not content, I picked up a completely unneccessary 6-pack and bag of chips on the way home.

That brings us to today. Went out to lunch (again), drank an iced tea loaded with sugar, and ate some cheetos. ugh. Did get another mountain ride in with Rachel -20 miles with almost 2000 vertical feet- but at the same time I never really felt like I was working. Then went to Kettlehouse again, then went to The Bridge again, and now I'm drinking more beer again. Oh, and I saw Sam Schultz at the bridge which was pretty cool.

Tomorrow is the brewfest, and this whole week has been craft beer week so I guess that counts as an excuse for all the drinking I've been doing lately. Sunday is the Eden road race in Great Falls though so I have to take it easy on the beers. Really looking forward to that although it looks like I'm going to be solo again. The only other cat 5 racer on the team is going to spokane for the bloomsday run and I don't know if anyone else is even going. My plan is to make a break for it going over the hill for the second time but I have no idea if that will work.

Also, I got asked to race 24 hours of Rapelje as part of a 3 person team. That will certainly be interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment