Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My recent outdoor activities

Yeah, that's right, outdoor activities, as in I actually did more than ride bikes. The other day I went hiking down in the bitterroots. It did start raining way up there so I did get a little damp. And we ran into snow before we could get to the lakes up canyon creek. Really cool waterfall up there that goes a couple hundred feet down a rock face. I took a picture:


I should probably do a little more hiking and running and such because my legs are hurting quite a bit from that. Stairs kind of suck and I went on a short ride earlier that wasn't so great.

We've also had a lot of rain lately so I haven't been riding as much. I did get a few good rides in last week, with about 50mi Monday that included a couple hills, 30mi on the mountain bike up the rattlesnake corridor to the wilderness boundary, and a tough group ride Saturday. I'd never been all the way to the boundary and it was a pretty cool ride. Very wet and rocky though, with some sections where we were riding through 6" of water. A good full suspension ride would have been nice. Here are a few pictures from that one:




Saturday's ride was with other road racers and pretty fast paced. Every little hill seemed to turn into a sprint and the paceline was going 25-26 for awhile. Total mileage for me was 70, and I actually worked harder than in my last few races so I'll have to keep showing up for that one.

Next race for me is Cow Country in Wolf Creek this coming Sunday. Then I might do a time trial in Polson and the State Road Road race championship is June 15th in Phillipsburg. More info and updates can be found here. If they go as well as the last two races I'm going to see if they will let me move up to cat 4. There aren't that many races in Montana and you are supposed to do 10 before you can upgrade, so it would be like two years otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment