Friday, December 15, 2017

The end of the year

After Rolling Thunder at the end of October, I didn't even go for a ride the next week and then we had a good few days of snow. That had me thinking that my outdoor riding season was mostly over. But then it didn't snow for like a whole month and I made it back outside a few times.













From nov 7th through the end of the month I put in 537 miles, and I'm up to nearly 200 for December. All that had the nice benefit of getting my distance for the year up to just over 5000mi. Not so bad given the late start and slow summer. So now it's almost Christmas and I'm not even pudgy or out of shape yet. I might even make it to AZ again for a bit in jan-feb which would be helpful. Riding on the trainer is not really appealing. I could probably get out for a few miles on the road still but have been fighting a cold for over a week now. And I suppose I could get a little more into xc sking, or track down a touring setup, or even a fat bike. Unfortunately all those things cost money.

No comments:

Post a Comment