Friday, March 20, 2015

Hello new bike season

Race season is about to start here in Montana so I figured I might as well write some stuff on here. I have mixed feelings about 2014, mostly because I feel like I could have done better. For my second season of racing I guess it wasn't bad though.

I got in a full season of racing across three disciplines, won two, had a 2nd place, and finished the butte 100 mountain bike race. I upgraded my race licenses across the board, got cool new bike (which I took racing the next day) and did more miles and elevation compared to the year before. I also got to travel more and rode in new places.



So, you know, it was a pretty decent year of biking and stuff, but it still didn't feel quite right. I got a little chubby last winter and spent too much time sitting around, and that seemed to slow me down all the way through the year.  Even though I won a couple of early races, once everyone else got up to speed, and once I upgraded from cat 5 to 4, I found myself pretty far back in the pack. Spending the month of August up in Canada with my grandparents didn't help with cross season either and I drank more, ate junk, and didn't ride as much.

This year, I'm thankfully off to a better start. I only spent a week in Arizona doing nothing instead of almost two months, and it has been a mild winter. My first ride of the season was at the end of January and I got out pretty consistently all Feb, plus plenty of trainer sessions with Team Stampede and MBW racing.

I haven't been the slowest guy on the big group rides, so I think I'm in a decent spot. Things coming up are the Polson Speedwagon race, and Rocky Mountain Roubaix so I will find out for sure soon.

Here are a couple of pictures from the year so far.

Been getting out with some cool guys:


And we got new team kits!


No comments:

Post a Comment